I have a full week ahead of me, first one since school started. However, I am still adjusting to my work schedule vs. my summer schedule. It’s never easy, but the prepping ahead is definitely helping!
Here is this week’s breakfast, lunch, and snacks:
- overnight oats – add fruit in the morning
- fruit cups
- bananas and apples (not shown)
- yogurt – add fruit in the morning
- Shakeology (not shown)
- FREEZER MEAL OPTION! For lunch – Black Bean and Sweet Potato Turkey Chili from the cookbook 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites – you can get the recipe here!
- This makes a huge batch so I plan to portion it out 2 servings at a time and freeze for future lunches
Here is my menu plan for this week:
- Sunday dinner – Baked Chicken Parmesan with a small side salad (also in The Skinnytaste Cookbook)
- One-Pan Broccoli-Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese (I decided not to use the butternut squash puree that is in the recipe because there are added ingredients I don’t like. I got pure frozen squash puree. I think it should still work fine!)
- Prep ahead – chop broccoli, chop bacon, and shred cheese
- leftovers will be a good lunch option!
- FREEZER MEAL OPTION! Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Prep ahead – chop cauliflower and prepare the vegetables as needed
- If there is any left over, I will freeze it
- Freezer meal – I’m thinking these Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Prep ahead – remove from the freezer and allow to defrost in the fridge the night before
- Burgers on the grill
- Groupon to smokehouse (it was closed last week!)
Have a great week!!! 🙂